Rosa M. Rojas
Rosa M. Rojas
Rosa practised extensively as a transactional lawyer in the Banking and Finance Group of a leading Mexican firm dealing with lending and secured transactions, real estate financing, structured cross-border financing, restructurings and workouts. Then she joined the First Chamber of the Supreme Court of Justice of Mexico, where she worked for several years and contributed to the development of legal precedents dealing with civil, commercial, finance and insolvency matters. Currently she is a part-time professor and researcher at ITAM.
Rosa participated on 2021 as expert on the research project on corporate debt restructuring around the world undertaken by the World Bank Group, INSOL International and the International Association of Insolvency Regulators (IAIR).
Before ITAM, Rosa taught at Universidad Iberoamericana, Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE) and Universidad Panamericana within Mexico City. She has participated as speaker on insolvency and business law issues on panels, conferences and seminars at the Escuela Libre de Derecho, the Ministry of Corporations in Colombia, Barra Mexicana, Colegio de Abogados, Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa, S.C. (ANADE) and the Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados de México. She has also participated as a speaker in New York, Tokyo, Spain, Colombia, Brazil, Turkey, Peru and Ecuador.
Since 2021 Rosa has coordinated at the School for Federal Judges many courses and seminars to train federal judges and law clerks on securities law, fintech, business law and insolvency. On 2022 she organized and coordinated an intensive course to train the first courts devoted exclusively to insolvency cases with the participation of academics, practitioners, officers and experts from the Federal Institute of Experts in Concursos Mercantiles (IFECOM).
Rosa is a member of the Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados, ANADE, NextGen member of the International Insolvency Institute, Coordinator in Mexico of the Iberoamerican Institute of Law and Finance, and supernumerary member of the Mexican Academy of Private and Comparative International Law. She is also a member of INSOL International, the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Iberoamerican Institute of Insolvency Law and member of the Board of Directors of the Latin America Network of IWIRC.
Rosa has publications in the Boletín Mexicano de Derecho Comparado, Springer Nature, Wolters Kluwer, Bosch Mexico, Tirant Lo Blanch and in The Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice, among which are the following:
- “The New Insolvency System in Mexico” (El Nuevo Concurso Mercantil en México) published on the Mexican Bulletin of Comparative Law, New Series, Year XXXV, Number 105, September-December 2002.
- “The Complementary Use of Health Insurance Policies” (El uso complementario de pólizas de seguro de gastos medicos), Bosch Mexico (Wolters Kluwer), 2017, pp. 94.
- “Insolvency Proceedings for Natural Persons: Why is Latin America Innovating?” Gold Medal Winner 2018 III Prize in International Insolvency Studies. Published in the Norton Journal of Bankruptcy Law and Practice, Vol. 27, No. 5 (2018), p. 453.
- “Deregulation of Public Transportation Services: Can Uber accomplish the Task”, Global Perspectives on Legal Challenges Posed by Ridesharing Companies. A Case Study of Uber. Chapter 3. Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. 2021.
- “The Insolvency of Natural Persons in Mexico”, Tirant Lo Blanch, 2021.
- “Cross-Border Insolvency”, Chapter XXI of Book Todo Concursal, Bosch México, 2021.
- “Concurso civil as a tool to solve economic problems caused by Covid-19”, Jurídica Ibero, Año VI, Num. 11, Diciembre 2021.
Topics of Interest
- Finance Law
- Business Law
- Insolvency Law